Re: Help with speed controler....

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 08:06:26 EDT

>From what I've heard and seen posted. The 97s did pick up their speed
signal from the tailshaft like you said. Now, you're going to have to get
chummy with the counter guys or tech at a local dealer. Have them look in
their 97 parts book and see if they have any other speed sensors listed. If
you can get a hold of a 97 AND 98 FSM, look thru the wiring diagrams, and
locat the speed sensor stuff in the 98, then compare them to the 97 to see
if their are any other issues. Because you did away with the sensor at the
rear, something will have to be done to shut up the ABS portion of the PCM
as well, or you'll have aseveral dash lights on including the ABS.

TonyC