Monroe SensaTrac Shocks

From: John (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 13:59:09 EDT

Just wanted to share some info on these shocks in case anyone else was
interested in getting them. I ordered the Monroe SensaTrac shocks from
Advance and am still waiting to get my complete order because they
apparently did some remarking on their old Gas-Matic Plus' until they were
gone. Part # 37069 for the rear and # 37068 for the front are $36.99 ea with
a $25 rebate when you buy all 4. While I was comparing to the LT Gas-Matic I
noticed a new sticker on the shock(the Sensatrac) and peeling it back I saw
that the shocks used to be blue! So they are apparently the same
shock(SensaTrac & Gas-Matic Plus) and Monroe combined them all to save
money. They recalled all the Gas-Matic Plus' and and painted them black and
reboxed them. The old style have the circular stamp "The Road Sensing One"
and just the 5 digit part # stamped into the shock. The newer SensaTracs
have an ST suffix on the part # and no circular stamp. The newer ST's also
don't have the metal shock cover on the top, at least on the front. That is
what I am waiting for, I got one of each for the front. As for comparison to
regular LT gas shocks they are great, a lot more resistance to compression
and they expand and react a lot quicker. Can't wait to actually get them to
try them on the truck!!!
Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
   <<'96 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9L 5spd>>