Re: Checking u-joints?

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 22:41:39 EDT

Well Andy, you know how i drive. :)
And i was at about 35,000 km, and they needed to be changed, they were
covered under warranty. I heard from someone that the u-joints actually
wear faster in a truck that is mostly unlaiden, and rarely carries a heavy
load in the bed.
Anyway, when he dealer changed mine, i wasn't hearing any noises or
anything. You only absolute way that i know of to confirm that your joints
need to be changed is physically taking them out, and examining them.
And, if you get the work done, or do it yourself, change them both when
you're in there. Even if one is just slightly worn, you might as well
change it so as to save yourself some hassle by not having to get in there
again for a while. They run pretty cheap as far as i know.

The Adam Blaster