Re: Attention 4.7 Owners!!!

From: Mark (Gilpin.MCKnospam@lycos.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 16:38:47 EDT

A large part of changing how a trans shifts is the apply rate, not just
pressure. Pressure gives more clamping force and increases the apply rate at
the same time, but to get a true shift alteration you need to modify the
orifices of the valve body and separator plate. Most shift kits involve
drilling out holes in the separator plate or include a whole new plate
already enlarged in the proper location. This allows the fluid to reach the
clutch servo faster and bleed off faster decreasing shift time while
increasing firmness. Since this is a modification done purely to the
mechanical side of the transmission, the computer never knows the
difference.

Mark