shifterknob removal ?

From: ron chapell (rchapell@rlps.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 09:09:56 EDT

Ok so I got this totally bitch'n neon/carbon fiber/yellow/typeR shifter knob
for my dakota. Well probably not. Its just a B&M T-handle. But anyways, I
can't get the factory knob off. I think the nut is reverse threaded which
makes sense, but there is a round sleeve over the nut that I don't know if
its connected to the nut or not? If it is then the nut is on there REALLY
tight and if it isn't then how the hell do you get it off? TIA for any
suggestion and answers.

Ron