Re: shifterknob removal ?

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 09:15:46 EDT

In a message dated 4/26/2002 9:11:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rchapell@rlps.com writes:

<<<Ok so I got this totally bitch'n neon/carbon fiber/yellow/typeR shifter
knob
for my dakota. Well probably not. Its just a B&M T-handle. But anyways, I
can't get the factory knob off. I think the nut is reverse threaded which
makes sense, but there is a round sleeve over the nut that I don't know if
its connected to the nut or not? If it is then the nut is on there REALLY
tight and if it isn't then how the hell do you get it off? TIA for any
suggestion and answers.

To my knowledge, B&M doesn't make a metric thread T-Handle, so your first
problem might be that what you bought might not fit. I thought the B&M was
sharp myself but bought a Hurst because I couldn't find a B&M in 10x1.5mm.

If you pry the center cap out of the factory shifter knob, there is a nut
inside that needs to come off first, it's 15mm. After that, the factory knob
will unscrew. Good luck!

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com
'02 QC 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92's w/LSD, Airaid, MBRP Super Single
Exhaust, Hurst T-Handle, BFG A/T's, IAS Shocks, 180 t-stat