RE: RE: Re: Re: DaimlerChrysler 4.7 Engine Sludge Problems

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 10:45:44 EDT

Chris, I would disagree, since it was Bruce that had a 4.7 dyno to see the
difference between the 5.9 and the 4.7.

What DaimlerChrysler described with the manufacture 4.7-dyno pictures was an
inaccurate. They were close on the dyno, given the 5.9 had little more
torque than the 4.7.

Dyno figures are more accurate than manufacture specs when applied here.
However, not sell the 5.9 short, it has more room for mods than the 4.7.
The cam profile was designed for bottom torque than the 4.7, which was
across the whole RPM spectrum.

Even the 5.7 hemi, was designed for bottom torque (around 1-2K RPM) but will
hold the peak until 5K range. You are right on this one, this engine will be
a good hauler engine.

Steven St.Laurent
C4i System Engineer
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA