Re: O/D on or off?

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@clearsource.net)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 15:06:36 EDT

The overdrive does little to nothing at speeds under 40. It should not be
used for towing or heavy loads, in mountains or icy conditions. If you do
not leave it on at high speeds you will limit your top speed considerably if
you have the 3.92 ratio rear end. On my 99 R/T the truck redlines at about
95 with the od off and with it on it will run all the way to the 115 mph
governor easily. It should have no effect on acceleration at speeds below
80.
Jim in Waco.