Oil filters and Oil pressure

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 19:52:31 EDT

The last few oil changes I've used the K&N oil filters on my 97, 318 Dak and
even when it's warmed up the pressure stays right up there. But lately I've
switched to the Wix filters and noticed that when warmed up the oil pressure
seems a little lower on the stock oil pressure gauge, still safe but just
lower than with the K&N's. Can oil filters affect oil pressure? Or could
this just be my imagination. Has anyone else noticed this? This is with
Mobile 1 oil and the K&N HP2004 and the Wix 51085.

Jay