Re: RE: Virus Alert - Not a Hoax

From: jkp (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 09:10:10 EDT

Well, I am back, if I am still welcome.I have been w/o our computer for
about a week trying to overcome this virus problem. We had AVG Virus Alert
and at the beginning of last week we were getting slammed with Snow White
viruses. It was able to stop all of them, BUT the next day we got slammed
with the Spice Girls virus and it somehow got by the AVG and into my wifes
mailbox. It started wreaking havoc. I haven't touched my mailbox since last
Tues, but the virus seemed to take care of all that itself! After playing
havoc with my wifes address book and sending out it's own messages, that
started sending crap back and forth through everyones mail. So I apologize
if anything came here. I purposely didn't send any mail for that reason, but
I guess I didn't have to. Needless to say we had to completely dump our
computer files and completely reboot. So starting fresh with no addresses,
will have to go digging again! We are now using Norton Antivirus, which is
what caught this virus at other addys. The AVG said we didn't even have a
virus, the whole time we saw it play havoc. So anyone that has the AVG (the
free download at least) I would find something else. Again I apologize if
this caused problems for anyone, but it took charge of everything!!

Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
    <<'96 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9L 5spd>>