MOPAR PCM REV LIMIT or HOW TO BLOW YOUR ENGINE UP

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@clearsource.net)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 19:07:34 EDT

I think you guys are asking for a blown engine to want to rev the engine so
high. I have been led to believe that the stock valve train is not safe to
rev much past 5500 without danger of valve float and hitting a piston with a
valve. I furthermore believe unless extreme modifications have been made to
the engine that it wont make much power up there and is way out of its
torque band so revving past 5500 is non productive anyway. Lets discuss
this with the fellows that really know what it is safe to expect these
engines to do before wishing to remove something designed to prevent engine
destruction!!!!
Jim in Waco.