Re: Re: O/D on or off?

From: ''Granpa'' Silver89 (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 04:28:30 EDT

Well - according to my FSM, for my 1989 - A-500, the transmission will shift
into overdrive with a below 70% throttle condition... above 70% and there is
no overdrive shift, or if you accelorate to above 70% throttle... it will drop
out of OD.

I think that it is a rather personal kind of thing LOL. Each truck is
different. Each driving habit is different. I have learned to drive with
over drive on and optomize its potential. I try to coast as much as possible,
and keep my engine RPM's around 1200-1400 when driving. I have learned to
acelorate accordingly witht he 70% OD ratio. Sure I would be accelorating
slower... but then again lately I am focused more on fuel economy than with
flooring it off the line at a light.

As for trans wear... I wouldn't be as concerned about it if I knew my
transmission fluid was being cooled properly.

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver98) http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow