tranny solution

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mike@mypants.org)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 17:58:10 EDT

Seemed like there was a bunch of tranny problems on list at the same time,
mine included. I settled on a solution today and thought some others might
be interested.

I ordered a "street/strip" 42rh from HughesPerformance today. It will come
with all the good stuff (keolene steels, race frictions, kevlar bands).
They were knowledgable when I called and very helpful. Anybody else buy
anything from them?

I'm also gonna order a Mopar converter (P4529403). It lists it as a
1900-2100 stall converter. What should I expect from daily driving with a
higher stall speed that the stock converter? (milage will go down right?)

The local dodge dealer quoted me $350-$400 to do the swap does this sound
reasonable? I'm also going to get some royal purple ATF. Hopefully the
dealer won't throw a fit about not using Mopar fluid.

Thanks for any input
mm

Check out my dak's specs at:
www.mypants.org/mike/Dakota/index.html