Re: bed/tonneau issues

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 21:33:14 EDT

Every truck I've had has had the front of the bed bent in from motorcycles and heavy loads. My Dak was the worst, it bent so far that the corner welds broke. I tried prying and pulling the front of the bed, but the only way to really get the front of the bed straight again was to take the bed off the frame. Easy job, just taking out 6 bolts and having someone help you lift the bed off the truck. After the front of the bed fixed we made a bed bar similiar to the Sport bar someone else sent a link for. We welded ends on a piece of steel stock and bolted the thing into the front of the bed. Total cost $15.00.

Here's a picture:

http://www.angelfire.com/mac/mikestyer/pictures_files/bedbar.jpg

Mike S.
93 Dak V6 5 speed