Windshield replacement

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 11:43:29 EDT

I need to replace the windshield on my 98 Dak due to an L-shaped crack on
the passenger side. It starts from the top and goes down about 5 inches and
then goes to the right for about 10 inches. The crack is on the outside
layer of glass. I have taken it in to a couple of replacement shops. They
have all said that it needs to be replaced. My best price is $278.00 with
installation and a tinted windshield from PPG. An OEM windshield will cost
a little more. Any tips or things to look out for when getting this done?

Thanks,
Ken