Re: DML:RE: MAINTENECE REMINDER

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Mon May 06 2002 - 22:00:43 EDT

taylor9565@msn.com writes:

<< I have yet to have owned a Dodge that the self-adjusters worked
properly,and
 I do my own oil changes and regular maintence and the back brake adjustment
 always needs checked and set at oil change time.
 most shops will do it for a small fee for people unable to do it themselves,
 I find it is often overlooked by most vehicle owners. >>

We kicked around a theory on the DiRT list that those who use their parking
brake regularly experience better brake wear. In other words, the parking
brake seems to actuate the adjusters more effectively. At any rate, it
seemed to hold true.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com
2002 QC 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92's, Airaid, MBRP Super Single, Exhaust,
Hurst T-Handle, BFG A/T's, IAS Shocks, 180 t-stat