Re: Window weather stripping

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mike@mypants.org)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 22:39:28 EDT

> I managed to tear it. Where can I get new door window weatherstripping?
> dont even want to think about what the dealer wants for it.
>
> PS its a gen 2

I know you said you don't want to think about it but,...

The piece that goes over the top and both sides of the glass has the rear
channel molded in and runs $96 each at the dealer.

The "lower wiper" on the exterior runs $74 each.

Glass "slides" run $4 each and you need two for each door.

I replaced mine two weeks ago on the drivers side on my 92. But now
everything works like new. Actually the drivers side now beats the
passenger if I roll them both up at once, when before the were always dead
even. I had to remove the glass to do it, but its not that bad to do. Just
be patient and don't force anything.

mm