RE: best code scanner for 99 dakota

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 22:55:02 EDT

Check out www.obd-2.com

This is what Bernd uses, as well as I do. We did a group buy back in
November, and about 20 of us got in on it. You need a laptop, doesn't need
to be high powered. You can d/l the software off the webpage so you can see
what it looks like. For non-group buy, prices range from $122 to $182..
Personally, I got the Tricom unit, and it works great! I've used it on 3 or
4 different vehicles with no problems, used it to clear out codes as well as
troubleshoot my own problems. 1 thing you'll need to check on is the
connector. Most laptops today don't come with serial port, and that was
what this scanner used to hook up the laptop. Looks like he has added USB
support (so you can use a serial port to USB connector I think?). Any
questions, just email Alex Pepper from that webpage, he'll answer all your
questions. I setup the group buy before, and had great communication with
him, always answered my questions in a timely manner.

Speaking of which... Any of you guys/gals that got in on the group buy and
are using the scanner, might want to check the web page and make sure you
have the latest version.. Looks like he's added a bit to the software!
D/l'ing my update right now!

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L