Re: RE: Front end clunk

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 19:03:19 EDT

Hery, DML!
<snip>intermediate steering shaft
could be balljoints, dodge balljoints blow. replaced all of mine
already<snip>
Well, well, well...WTF do I do NOW? It was time for an oil change, so I did
& then I jacked the DAKSY up & removed the driver side tire....Hmmm....
nothin glaringly obvious...bolt for shock still thru the shock & thru the
lower suspension arm...NOTHING else is loose under there - ANYWHERE...!!!
Ok...back to the shock...GOTTA be the shock! I put a socket on the hex bolt
and IT SPINS FREELY! (but the threads on the other end where it exits the
lower suspension arm DON'T MOVE! ...YOW! The damn bolt broke in HALF! The
bottom of the ProComp is nested in the lower suspension arm but NOT ATTACHED
TO IT!
Any body got any idea what the thread size & pitch the bolt is? I gotta
replace it tomorrow nite with a better (grade 8?)
bolt...I WILL NOT BUY one from a Dodge dealer UNLESS absolutely have to...
TIA,

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
(1 of 980 2K DAKSYs mfrd)
For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )