Re: Re: Re: Altezza Carbon Fiber tailight covers, Staties?

From: Dave (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 00:32:27 EDT

There were RADAR vans in Colorado when I lived there, white minivans with
cameras and RADAR. They thought about doing away with front license plates,
but then realized they would lose too much money from the vans (it was a
standard $40 ticket, not matter how fast you were going, and no points).
Funny thing was, there was some rule, they had to have a sign up, like 1/2
mile before the van, telling you there was a RADAR van ahead, weird.

--
Dave
Bensalem, PA

""MAGNUM S/T"" <khoegen@charter.net> wrote in message news:abhist$ebe$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > Yes I have...and better yet I've seen it through. It's light emission thats > the key, not comparison to stock lights. > > If anything, I could understand a light emission requirement...but NO covers > at all.....be real...simply one more way for the state to collect a bounty. > > Oh, and for all you MA folks...ya know those radar stands they have been > placing throughout the state...the ones that tell you how fast your going. > Well, they plan to activate cameras in these to nab speed violators....right > now is the adjustment period when everyone gets used to seeing them. > > If this aint starting to sound like big brother I don't know what > is......... > "Andy Levy" <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:3CDB30B3.7009E682@yahoo.com... > > > > Have you actually thought this through? Covers make it hard to see the > lights. > > Period. THIS IS DANGEROUS! > > > > Have any of you spent much time following a vehicle with covers on > > them? Last year (2001) on the way to Foxwoods, I was following Bob and his > > center brake light was out. With the covers on his taillights, it took > > me much longer to notice that he was on the brakes. Nearly had a few > > bumper tangles. > > > > I agree some traffic laws are stupid, but there are some out there with > > rational thought behind them. They may seem stupid to some people, but > > they're quite neccessary. > > > > MAGNUM S/T wrote: > > > > > In the state of massachusetts....ANY...and I mean ANY item which in any > way > > > blocks the original safety lights (taillights, headlights) is illegal. > > > > > > Now..I completely understand not allowing the dark smoke type covers...I > had > > > them for awhile myself (and seen them on other vehicles) and it is very > > > difficult to see any light thru them......but damn...MA simply made it > easy > > > by saying ANY covering. ...It's just one more reason they have to pull > you > > > over and make money for the state. > > > Next thing you know it will be illegal to warn drivers of an upcoming > > > speedtrap by flashing your lights....OH YEAH..THAT"S ILLEGAL > TOO...something > > > about interfering with an officer in his duties. > > > Every year it seems Joe Law is making it more difficult to 'personalize' > > > vehicles. I'm waiting for them to simply say it is illegal to modify a > > > vehicle from its original factory state...PERIOD! > > > I'll step off my soapbox now......:) > > > > > > ""WPG"" <wpgottes@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message > > > news:005801c1f7bc$b8e963a0$67a14a0c@butthead... > > > > > > > > Excuse my ignorance. Why would the State Boys be cracking down on > tailgate > > > > covers? > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > -andy > > andylevy@yahoo.com > > Maintainer, DML FAQ - http://www.dakota-truck.net/faq/ > > http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota/ > > '99 CC 4x4 318 auto > > > > > >