Re: Thermostat

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 13:24:53 EDT

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Josh Hancock wrote:

> Well the Dak tripped a code today P1281 (Engine coolant below operating
> range) I guess my 180 superstant bit the dust(or antifreeze for that matter)
> Guess it's time to go Robertshaw! Anybody got the part # for a 2000 3.9L??
> and while I'm working on the cooling system I was thinking of adding some
> "DEI Radiator Relief" will there be any benifits to that?
> Thanks
> Josh
> 00 3.9L RC 4X4

Though I have a 2001 4.7, I believe the Robert Shaw 180 thermostats are
the same, and not bullet proof, as mine also tripped a 1281 MIL. It was
opening before 178 degrees. (Perhaps the 4.7 ECM is more sensative)

The good news is that I replaced it with the exact same thermostat, and
haven't had a 1281 MIL since.