Re: adding tie-downs

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@cox.net)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 08:41:42 EDT

I haven't added tie-downs to my bed, but it shouldn't be too hard to do once
you find a place that's deep enough for the bolts. After drilling the holes,
brush on (or spray) a little automotive primer. Wait for that to dry and
then use some silicone caulking when you install the bolt to make everything
water tight.

If you can find the tie-downs used on the new Ram's (nautical tie-downs) get
them. These things rule and are very easy to secure things down with.

Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport
intense99dak@cox.net
www.intense99dak.com