Re: RE: Larger fuel tank

From: Jason A Banta (jason.banta@louisville.edu)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 09:36:12 EDT

If you go to there website, it looks like they supply shipping
information, which makes me think they will ship the tank to you.

>>> andylevy@yahoo.com 05/21/02 01:03AM >>>

OK, I found a little. Search on "gallon tank" in the DML archives for
the 2000
Jul-Dec date range. The first batch of hits is what we're talking
about, I think

Short version: they were asking almost $900 for something that
shouldn't go for
more than a third of that, and yes, they require you bring the truck to
them. Very
few of the tanks listed aren't shippable - we're on that short list.

The website I found in that thread, http://www.aerotanks.com/dodge.htm
, is coming
up VERY SLOW for me right now.

Andy Levy wrote:

> Yeah, there's a place out there in California, I remember checking
out their
> website, yeesh, must be going on 2 years ago. I have no clue who it
was now
> though.
>
> They could do up to a 33 gallon tank in a Dak (CC or RC I think), but
the catch
> was you had to bring the truck to them and have them install it. I
woulda paid
> the shipping to get a 33 gallon tank, but I wasn't about to drive
cross-country
> for it.
>
> Ronald Wong wrote:
>
> > The largest from the factory is 24 gal. If you want larger there's
a place
> > that makes custom size tanks but I don't remember who it is.
Someone on the
> > DML will remember as soon as they see this post. C'mon Andy,
remember!

> > Ron
> > 00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
> > For modifications see my DML Profile (URL follows)
> > http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Kw9pV1EkFeOYY

Nelson

--
-andy