re: high altitude tuning?

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 12:16:13 EDT

I've towed a 5000# trailer up to Rocky Mtn Natl Park and over 8000' I need
a real heavy foot
and lot of gas money. Going up those hills from Denver to Estes Park
really slowed me down.
But I made it and back two times.
I've added octane boosters and use premium gas which keeps my 5.2 from
knocking.
(I think I have a belly pan gasket leak also )
I think the low restriction catback helped most.
Make sure your cooling system is in perfect shape. I think I had a bad
radiator cap that
really caused me some problem - radiator and waterpump went out.

My 3500# trailer weighed #5000 when loaded. Stop by a truck stop and get
weighed sometime.

Victor Williams
Marietta GA
'95 CC 5.2. 5 Sp. Jacobs Ign ,Jardine Catback,K&N dropin - 221k miles.