Re: Front Seal / Vibration Dampers

From: jkp (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 23:02:28 EDT

     Keep the same seal, just go to your local friendly neighborhood parts
dealer (that knows what they are doing) and get a harmonic balancer repair
sleeve. I know Autozone usually sells them and they usually run less than
$10. It taps over the balancer shaft and gives you a new sealing surface.
You may even be able to get the same thing for your tranny, just finding
someone to sell it. We used to have a whole kit of them in the Marine Corps
for the Jeeps diffs & tranny/transfer since they had been around so long and
had such a deep groove wore in them. Good Luck.
Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
    <<'96 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9L 5spd>>