Re: Yes, another NUG...

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 07:47:22 EDT

No, Its not going to make a difference by itself. But if youre running with
a cold air intake, it makes sense to me to put one in. Why put cold air
into a hot engine? The cold air intake is worthless if the air is being
warmed upon entering the engine. You could go so far as put in an IAT
adjuster, but yet agian, its basicly worthless if everthing else is stock.

There is no miracle mod. Its a combination of different things that will
give you real gains.

...Just my 2 cents worth.

Gary Hedlin
"The Crazy Quadraplegic"
ghedlin@theramp.net (business)
ragingquad@yahoo.com (personal)
**Also Webmaster For**
http://garyhedlin.com
http://socaldakota.com
http://scsilverdak.com
http://assistivetechnologies.com
...And Many More!

<B1LLYW@aol.com> wrote in message news:9c.205d8f6c.2a1f7b5f@aol.com...

> In a message dated 5/23/02 10:14:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> tb.crm@verizon.net writes:
>
> << So far, I am thinking a 180 deg Shaw t-stat, >>
>
> I'm not sure it's worth it. I did it on mine and noticed absolutely no
> difference in performance whatsoever. It may not be as effective a mod on
> 4.7 as it on the older motor designs.
>
> Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com
>
> 2002 QC 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92'sw/LSD, Airaid, MBRP Super Single,
> Exhaust, Hurst T-Handle, BFG A/T's, IAS Shocks, 180 T-Stat, Jet Chip -
Stage