Value of 180 t-stat on 4.7 WAS Re: Yes, another NUG...

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 08:06:30 EDT

In a message dated 5/24/02 7:47:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ghedlin@theramp.net writes:

<< No, Its not going to make a difference by itself. But if youre running
with
 a cold air intake, it makes sense to me to put one in. Why put cold air
 into a hot engine? The cold air intake is worthless if the air is being
 warmed upon entering the engine. >>

Well, I installed it in combination with a cold air intake and an exhaust and
noticed no difference. I see no downside to having the motor run cooler -
but I noticed no power gain. If I can find a custom flash I feel is worth it
for my 2002, then the 180 t-stat may show an advantage by limiting pinging
when I'm running more advance. Until then, it's only making my sig line
longer.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com

2002 QC 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92'sw/LSD, Airaid, MBRP Super Single,
Exhaust, Hurst T-Handle, BFG A/T's, IAS Shocks, 180 T-Stat, Jet Chip - Stage
II