Re: Truck Lowering Sites

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@cox.net)
Date: Sat May 25 2002 - 21:48:53 EDT

> Hotchkis told me that there rear leaf springs DO NOT AFFECT the load
> capacity, the load is still the same as stock springs. Theres are a
> different arc.that is all..

Hence the problem. :-) There is less "room" for the leafs to compress under
load. I remember when I first had my Dak I hauled a load of pea stone. I
have no idea what the weight was, but it was near capacity. There was about
an 1.5 inches of space between the tire and fender (fortunately I only went
about 3/4 miles with it). If I tried that with the Hotchkis kit, the fenders
would be sitting on the tires.

The purpose of the air bags (in this case) is not to increase weight
capability, but rather to limit how much the leafs settle under weight.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport