roller rocker adjust help

From: Russ Ramsey (rramsey500NOSPAM@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 01:33:36 EDT

    I installed the Mopar Performance (Crower) roller rockers and now my 318
starts to idle poorly after it gets warmed up after a few miles. I can only
surmise that some are adjusted too tightly and the valves don't close all
the way when the lifters are pumped up or something.

    What is the proper adjustment method or trick to getting them exact?
One instruction says do the intake and matching exhaust when they are both
level; another says to do the intake when the exhaust is fully open and vice
versa. It doesn't take much force to turn the nut past zero lash.

    BTW the entire a/c bracket must be loosened in order to put on and pull
off the driver side ($150) valve cover. Bah! This was supposed to be easy.