Re: Intake/Exhaust

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 15:59:03 EDT

At 10:06 AM 5/29/02 -0600, you wrote:
>-- snip -- First, is it possible to run a dual air intake? -- snip --
>Ron Clausen 97' SLT+ V6

Ron

I'm not sure if the engine bay layout is different on the v6
and v8.

On the v8, you can run a dual air intake with 4" air ducts.
On the passenger side, you just need to "peel" back
or remove the rubber material adjacent to the rad and
run the opening of the duct to it. The driver's side is a little
more complicated. You need to relocate the battery and
the rad overflow bottle to run an air duct to that side of the rad.

I use an "enclosed", slightly modified air box from Ram Air
Inlet with a K&N 14" x 2.83" open air filter (size is actually
for a '60ish chev).

I know of someone who had this setup (again on a v8) but
ran the air ducts down and then forward to beneath the
front fascia. The passenger side isn't too bad but, on
the driver's side, it had to run down and back towards
the firewall to clear things before bringing it forward.
Disadvantages with this type of setup are the length of
air duct needed, number of bends, and the ducts are fairly
low coming to the front.

HTH, Bob.