RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Exhaust bottleneck?

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@cox.net)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 20:49:06 EDT

You can get a Borla catback for $400. You see a lot of rumors flying around
here. I've been on the list for two years or so. From all I've listened to
plus the redundant talk, in most cases, a catback system will help you
out...regardless whether you have precats, no cats, or kittens. Obviously,
the more performance mods you have, both intake and exhaust, the better
it'll help. Headers, on the other hand, require a certain amount of mods
before you can see the performance gains. 3" catbacks are common on Daks
and work pretty well on all V8's. I can't speak for the V6's but Bernd can.
Like Steve St. Laurent says, you need to watch your exhaust diameter. If
you free it up too much you lose the exhaust pulse which is what creates
your torque in certain rpm ranges.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD