RE: Autolite's for non-Dodge

From: crm (tb.crm@verizon.net)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 21:24:42 EDT

well, well, well...

/me pauses for a minute to contemplate the consequences for people that
try to rip him off...

here is the short version:

1. Adam tries to find a colder plug.
2. Adam is unsuccessful, OEM plug is a platinum (AC Delco, btw) and Pep
Boys/Autozone/etc cannot seem to help him identify a colder plug.
3. Adam is frustrated and decides he'll just look at the fairly new
(<10,000 miles) Bosch platinum plugs he had the mechanic install while
repairing timing chain mishap. Adam figures maybe the gap isnt right or
whatever and pops the hood.
4. Adam pulls out an old AC Delco plug that appears to have been in the
engine since the dawn of time.

you can figure out the rest...

soooo...not only did this guy charge me $1300+, then he said the
subsequent knocking was because of my fuel (never happened before, had
an almost new engine, when it shoulda been purring), and to hammer in
the last nail, neglects to tell me that he pocketed 4 spark plugs and
left in the ones that orignally came with the car (it's a 1995). i mean,
cmon!!!

now i know that some people will never be anything but crooked, but
after you've been screwed that hard and had to wait 2 1/2 weeks to get
something out of the shop, you'd at least think he'd offer up some butt
salve for ya before you find out he ripped off 4 measly $4 plugs...ugh

so, all of that to say this - i guess i'll be going with the stock AC
plugs and see what happens, but it looks like the old cavalier will be
heading to the dealer for a good once-over...maybe this time i'll at
least get a reach around...ugh

sorry for the long post, just needed to cool down a bit. if you've made
it this far, you should be sainted :)

-adam