RE: Re: RE: Billet Belly Pans, Custom Valve Bodies, and more....

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 09:43:54 EDT

Tony,

It doesn't look like we're going to make it. Our header builder
finished the headers but getting them to the ceramic coaters and then
getting them back (and including final tuning time) would put us over
the timeframe.

We've had the following set-backs so far:

(1) Turbonetics gave us a 2-week delay due to the Delta-Gates being on
backorder and also shipping us the wrong flanges
(2) We are not building just one kit...but rather two at the same time
(one for Maxx's truck and one for the production kits)
(3) We're not just "slapping some headers together" (as someone else
mentioned) but rather making them a easy to install and easy access kit
- This takes more than a few minutes with a welder and pipe.
(4) Our header builder was called out to Houston this weekend -
Attending a funeral
(5) I have been dealing with a family issue that may cause me to fly to
CA on very short notice. (My father, age 90, is on his last few months
of life and things are not looking good for him right now.)

Tom and Myself have been working hard on getting this kit done in time
for the show but the overall delays (which were totally out of our
control) gave us a 3-week delay. So...instead of the 4 weeks for the
kit, it now has taken us 8. Plus, we don't want to just slap some kit
together as this isn't a one-off kit. It can easily be mated to the
Durango and Rams with only slight changes to the kit.

- Bernd