Re: RE: Re: Oil Pressure Problems

From: Chris Rininger (crininger@rlstark.com)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 09:11:53 EDT

Rick:

I wouldn't say that there is nothing special about the Mobil 1 filters. Yes
they are made by Champion (not the plug maker), but champion makes a good
quality filter. The mobil 1 filters casing is ungodly strong and it has all
parts of an excellent filter. i.e.. nitrile seals on the antidrain, etc. It
contains a synthetic media that is strong and filters quite well without
impeding flow. Check out the mini-mopar study done by Russ Knize.
http://www.minimopar.net/oilfilterstudy.html#mobil1

I myself use Mobil 1 filters and have not had a single problem with them,
but if there are issues, I just might make the change.

Can you enlighten me as to why the K&N is superior in every way? I have not
been able to obtain any independent information regarding this claim.

Thanks