GenII Help, thanks Tom,Mark Kuzia, Mike Clark, John S, TonyC

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 18:34:15 EDT

Hey guys, thanks for the tips...Tom, as far as the fuel pump goes, the Dodge
mechanic says it's up to snuff for a '94. Maybe my pressure is different
than that "bastard child" '96 you have, Tom ;)

I had COMPLETELY forgotten about Mark Kuzia's post way back when, so that
was a help. (Thanks Mark Mike Clark, and John S ). After peeling back all
the factory tape, I found there was a nice shiny soldered splice, and the
connection was good. (Damn! thought for sure that was the problem).

I went ahead and replaced the distributor "plate", and didn't find any
cracks in the old one. It did have some tiny metal shavings on the magnet,
though.

The parts guy at the local Dodge house said that I had replaced everything
that might be causing this, and that if the distributor plate didn't do the
trick, that it might be the PCM. I drove about 35 miles home this evening,
and didn't have any problems, but it's done that before.... so I'm not
feeling totally secure yet. Hopefully I won't have any more problems with
it, though!

If anyone has a Mopar PCM for sale ('94 318 auto), give me a shout off list.
  Hopefully I won't have to buy one yet (even though it's on my wish list).

Thanks TonyC for the help, and that's a damn nice "parts chaser" you have...
Intense Blue RC R/T.... maybe I should sell my GenII and buy your "old" Dak!
  Naaaah, I've got too much damn money in mine in parts now!

Later guys and thanks for the input,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport
New: Mopar Crank position sensor, Bosch Oxygen sensor, Mopar EGR
valve/solenoid, Borg Warner rotor/cap, MSD Superconductor plug wires,
Autolite 3923's, Mopar distributor plate