Holy Moly.... lots of posts, and Dak is still sick!

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 18:43:50 EDT

Yeah Tony, (and DML)
I'm not pasting the last post here, but keep in mind that I had all these
problems before the tune-up. I bought the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and
coil, figuring that I had some seriously worn out parts. Plus the fact that
I was way past due for a tune-up. (I hadn't done a tune-up since about 56k).
I did a careful job doing the tune-up myself, and there is no way that any
parts were damaged during my installation. The rest of the parts were
installed due to codes being thrown. IE: EGR valve/solenoid, Oxygen
sensor, and crank position sensor.

I had the new coil tested at Discount Auto Parts, and they said that while
it appeared to be a good piece, they would replace it. Unfortunately, they
were out of stock today, and I won't get it until tomorrow morning. I'm
going to replace it and drive it to Dayton Andrews in the morning, and see
if they can get the thing to mess up again while connected to the computer.
Hopefully they will be able to track down the problem.

I talked with the service writer today, and he said that the mechanic had
specifically said that the PCM and fuel pump were not the problem. It is an
electrical problem that he can't find. No power to the PCM, no power
between the coil and distributor when it happens... then everything goes
back to normal. (Until it happens again!)

Maybe I need to contact "TonyC Soprano" and get this taken care of for good!
  Ha! I love my Dak and want to keep it... she's running better than ever
now at 134k, except for this damn mysterious problem.

Any more suggestions are greatly appreciated.... I'm going back to banging
my head against the wall.

Later,
Brett Forehand
Real Sick '94 Dakota CC Sport