Re[2]: New: Flowmaster, Attn: "DAVE" Was:Re: Re: Traded in

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 08:10:55 EDT

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Michael Clark wrote:

> > Back on the exhaust thread, bigger tips make
> > the sound deeper, right? I found some pretty nice rolled tips from carriage
> > works, they have 3" and 4", would the 4" be overkill? :)
> > --
>
> 4" might sound nice, but I think they would be
> overkill in the looks department. Kinda ricey.

My two reasons for swapping out 3 inch tips to 4 inch tips:

1) I was tired of seeing other cars like a Lexus or a Cadddy with bigger
dual exhaust tips than the 3 inch tips on my truck

2)Wanted a deeper (if not louder) grumble and tone from my exhaust at idle
and WOT, big difference with the 4 inch tips.

I'd say go with the 4 inch tips and angle cut if you're concerned about
being accused of having some 'RICE' in your blood.