CB Questions

From: Dave (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 10:59:38 EDT

I want to get a CB, I do a lot of driving down to VA to visit my son, gotta
keep an ear out for radar traps, my foot has gotten a lot heavier since
getting my R/T :P Any suggestions as to what to get? Are the handheld
units as good as the mounted ones? I'd prefer to not have a big exterior
antenna, altho I'm sure those get better reception. I had a CB in my '95
Saturn, and the antenna came off the trunk at about 75, big heavy duty
magnet, you could barely move that thing, still didn't hold. If that
happened on my new baby I'd go nuts. So I'm thinking handheld, what kind of
range do they get? Any brand/model recommendations? Thanks guys.

--
Dave
Bensalem, PA