Re: XENON BULBS

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 23:11:54 EDT

> in the 100/80 watt. has anyone used these yet on there Dak (s) and do
> you like them, ? From what i am told these draw the 65/55 watts as stock
> bulbs but Illuminate the 100/80 watt light.
If the bulb is a 100/80 watt bulb it uses that much power, therefore more
current, and HEAT. Be careful when going to higher wattage bulbs, as the
sockets, lamp housings, and wires may all met. If the latter, your truck
does, too. You need to be sure the wires to the light are large enough to
handle the current.
A lot of motorcyclists I know have gone to brighter bulbs and find these
things happening. It can be expensive.
YMMV

Jon
STL MO