Re: Re: supercharging and compression question

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@clearsource.net)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 23:37:01 EDT

When supercharging it is best to keep compression to less than 9.0 to 1.
Most factory supercharged or turbo charged engines run around 8.2 to 8.5 to
1. Also watch out for too much spark advance under boost. Use the best
pistons and rods available to avoid cracked pistons and bent rods from high
pressures.