Re: supercharging and compression question

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 08:54:50 EDT

In a message dated 6/5/2002 8:14:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

<<<Bill,

8:1 and detonation at 5psi....there was something else wrong with it.
(How much retard..if any...were you running?)

8.5-9.2:1 is fine for use with up to 10# boost. Just make sure you are
running forged pistons (dish tops help lower the compression), clean up
the bowls to help prevent detonation, and a properly matched cam to the
combination you want (heads/porting work/valve size/intake
manifold/overall powerband you want). H-Beams are definitely
stronger...but I-Beams will hold up as well.

- Bernd>>

I had the MSD BTM on maximum retard, running 94 octane gas, Ross lightweight
pistons with dish tops, and a KRC blower cam. Marty built the motor for me.
We never could track down what was causing the detonation. When I broke a
valve spring and had to pull everything apart, I ditched the blower and
decided to go all motor. A month later the truck was in ashed so it was all
a moot point.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com

'02 QC 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92's w/LSD, Airaid, MBRP Super Single
Exhaust, Hurst T-Handle, BFG A/T's, IAS Shocks, 180 T-Stat, Jet Chip - Stage
II