OEM 4x4 ride height?

From: Rob Cooley (rcooley@uplink.net)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 10:26:44 EDT

Hi, DML'ers,

I have a question for you guys. Does anyone know if the stock suspension
lift heights varied on GenII Daks with different option packages? I have a
94 4x4 CC Sport, and with the original 235 75R15 tires, it seemed higher in
the front than other non- Sport model 4x4s (like SLT, etc). Actually, it
seemed to be lifted at the same height front and back, riding straight and
level, while other 4x4 Daks w/o the Sport package seemed lower in the front,
looking almost like they were jacked up (only slightly, maybe an inch
different front to back) higher in the back than the front.

I mean, I'm running 31x10.5s on my Dak, and it is completely stock in the
suspension department, and they have just about no clearance problems at
all. They only rub on the frame head the tiniest bit when turned all the
way in. Other Dak 4x4s GenIIs I've seen don't look like they have enough
space under there for these tires.

This is something I've wondered about, but never saw any information to
confirm my suspicion. Any ideas?

Later,
Rob Cooley