Re: OEM 4x4 ride height?

From: Dave (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 12:43:04 EDT

I used to have a 93 4x4 Sport, ran the 31x10.50 BFG AT KO's with no problem,
then did a 3" lift and went to 32x11.50 BFG MT KM's with no problems. Did
you buy your truck used? Check the torsion bars, maybe the last owner
cranked 'em up a bit for ya. I cranked mine up when I did the body lift to
level the truck out, it was a lil higher in the back when I bought it.

--
Dave
Bensalem, PA

""Rob Cooley"" <rcooley@uplink.net> wrote in message news:002301c20c9d$05820100$89302940@p5q0y5... > > Hi, DML'ers, > > I have a question for you guys. Does anyone know if the stock suspension > lift heights varied on GenII Daks with different option packages? I have a > 94 4x4 CC Sport, and with the original 235 75R15 tires, it seemed higher in > the front than other non- Sport model 4x4s (like SLT, etc). Actually, it > seemed to be lifted at the same height front and back, riding straight and > level, while other 4x4 Daks w/o the Sport package seemed lower in the front, > looking almost like they were jacked up (only slightly, maybe an inch > different front to back) higher in the back than the front. > > I mean, I'm running 31x10.5s on my Dak, and it is completely stock in the > suspension department, and they have just about no clearance problems at > all. They only rub on the frame head the tiniest bit when turned all the > way in. Other Dak 4x4s GenIIs I've seen don't look like they have enough > space under there for these tires. > > This is something I've wondered about, but never saw any information to > confirm my suspicion. Any ideas? > > Later, > Rob Cooley > >