re:Brett's sick truck

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 08:28:25 EDT

Very funny, Patrick!

Whoda thunk the cure for my Dak was Prozac?

Seriously though, I talked to the service manager yesterday, and he said
they had their electrical guru on my Dak. He was checking all the
connections step by step, one by one. He did mention that the ASD relay was
the one that they had switched with my air conditioner relay last week, so
that if it was bad, the air would quit blowing instead of my truck dying in
the middle of the highway. Neat trick, don't ya think?

Also said he checked my rotor and cap for cracks, checked the plug wires and
coil for continuity, re-crimped the wires that go to the connector for the
coil, and had cleaned up several other areas that were had somewhat dirty
connections.

Bernd had mentioned looking at the PCM (which I did), and none of the pins
were bent. It was a bit dirty inside, and I cleaned out all the mess and
shot it with some contact cleaner spray, then buttoned it all back up. He
is supposed to check out a TSB for a firewall connection this morning, and
beyond that, I don't know where we will go. Naturally, the truck did not act
up ONE SINGLE TIME yesterday. Damn, Murphy's Law at work!

I started to get concerned about the cost of all this work, and the service
writer said they would only charge me for what they fix. That got a big
sigh of relief from me! Soooo, hopefully either they fixed what was wrong
with it just by going through things, or it will act up today and they can
find where the problem is. I'll keep you guys posted.

Later,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport