RE: Dead battery woes

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 19:00:40 EDT

I think my OEM battery with almost 33K on it giving me a hint here. Day
before yesterday when starting up it took a few try's before it started up.
The battery turned over the eng. but did not fire it up. After it did start
up the voltage was low for a few minutes then came up to 14v. as it always
is. I've been keeping a eye on it and the voltage is low when starting it up
after it's been sitting for a few hours. I guess its time to test out the
old warranty?

--
Don Mallett

- -----Original Message----- From: owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net]On Behalf Of Quiktruk99@aol.com Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 6:50 AM To: aol@dakota-truck.net Subject: DML: Dead battery woes

Boy, when the OE battery dies, it gives no warning signs at all! Got in the truck last night and turned the key: nothing. Just a clicking from behind the glove box somewhere. Absolutely no indication prior to this that the battery had any problems, little green thingy was ok on the battery, ammeter was straight up, lights were bright. Went to K-Mart & got a 24F for $48, slapped it in & vroom! All this on my birthday.

Kevin / NJ