Re: Re: 76 Competition 100 Unleaded Racing Gasoline

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 23:56:48 EDT

In a message dated 6/6/02 11:18:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
blkwidow1@primary.net writes:

> > It is a proven fact the high the fuel octane the more power. I wish I
> could
> > run the SR-71 fuel (JP-7).
> Because of higher compression. Octane rating is nothing more than the
> anti-knock index. High octane fuel burns slower than lower octane fuel. Our
> trucks don't have high enough compression to run jet fuel.
>
> A friend used to be a SR-71 wrench.

JP-7 and other jet fuels are basically

> kerosene (diesel fuel).

This is true. Ask your friend how bad the SR-71's leaked their fuel. LOL
They have to be topped off with fuel and quickly taken off. All the seals in
the fuel
system are designed to become tight when the plane reaches it's
super high altitude cruising ceiling. Otherwise, it makes quite a mess
on the tarmac.