Re: Rear braking problems!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 08:52:27 EDT

At 07:29 AM 6/7/02 -0400, you wrote:
>I noticed a new thing my truck likes to do in the morning. I'll back out of
>my driveway go up the road through 4 stop signs. At each stop sign when I
>hit the brakes normally to stop the rear end locks up immediately. This
>happens at each stop. I put it in reverse and drove backwards about 15 feet
>and slammed the brakes on hard. After doing this a few times, the brakes
>seem to work normally. Anyone have any ideas. Jon

I notice this happening most often when there's high humidity or heavy
dew in the mornings. What I do is start the engine but pump the brake
pedal 4-6 times before moving off. It works for me nearly 100% of the
time. HTH.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG