Re: RE: Dash gone nuts - no bus? Need help fast!

From: Rob (dakota99@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 04:16:15 EDT

Hey Andy...

I've had the exact same problem aprox. 5 times now in my '99, V8, 4x4, but
it hasnt happened recently. The first time it acted up I took apart my dash
and cluster, tightened all the grounds in that area and just checked things
out..never found anything. The most recent time it happened was just
before my fog light switch died, then twice while the switch was dead.
Since I got the switch replaced it hasnt had any problems. I dont know if
the bad ground in the switch somehow affect it or if its just a coincidence.

I believe there is a TSB on this problem now, if I can remember my Alldata
login I'll post it later tonite. I belive it involves redoing the wire
connections in the harness the cluster plugs into, not something I would
want my 5 star (haha) dealer to try and do anyways.......so hopefully it
wont give me any more probs.

Rob

99 318 4x4
K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Force II
MTX thunderform, ALPINE 7873, JL Audio 6.5s in front