BBQ - Big Odds To Overcome (long)

From: Granpa Silver89 (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 04:57:34 EDT

Well I need to face reality....

The BBQ is less than a month away... the the 4x4's status is as follows:

*Transmission not shifting into OverDrive
*torque converter buzzing
*nothing exists aft of my cat. converter in the exhaust plumbing
*front suspension problems not resolved - - the torsion bars are cranked
up as high as they can go - they are hitting the crossmenbers where teh
adjusting bolt and anchor is... I have determined to the best of my
ability - that the style snow plow mount that is on my truck (the kind
that perm. mounts to the frame) is too heavy even for a set of V8 2000LB
t-bars to handle, for daily driving.

I have had two alignments done on the truck in the last 6 months.. This
last alignment was on the 14th or 15th of May... the tires were
feathered out badly and the outside edge was clearing worn more than the
rest of the tire. I had the tires rotated and the front end supposidly
aligned. Now I am seeing that the pair of tired that were on teh back
of the truck are starting to do the same thing. Outer edges are wearing
down faster than the rest of the tire and I can detect feathering again.
  Indicating the wheels are not where they should be vertically (leaning
out at the top). I now remember that the set of tires taht were on the
truck when I bought it - were also worn down in this same manner.

I have decided that removing the plow rigging is my last option to try
to resolve this. I had all new ball joints, tie rods and a new idler
arm installed. If I cannot resolve the suspension problem - the 4x4
will get parted out - no question about it.

Point of this long post is that I am for all praticality - broke without
a buck in my wallet...

If I am to finally make it to the BBQ - as I have been longing to for
Jon started the thing... then I have some serious issues to resolve.

   Sorry Mista Adam Blasta - I might not get to see if I can out drive
you this year!

Wish me luck guys - I'm feelin real down and out right now...

Regards "Granpa"

:-(

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver98)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow