RE: RE: OT - Drool Time

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 22:25:43 EDT

>From what I remember, it was either light blue or primer. This was back
in 1990.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net] On Behalf Of John Neff
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2002 7:17 PM
To: Dakota Mailing List
Subject: DML: RE: OT - Drool Time

Bernd,
What color was that bug? There was a maroon (maybe brown) one running
around Vacaville and Fairfield about 14 years ago. He had twin turbos on
it and it was DAMN fast. No one in town would even joke about taking him
on.

John

<snip>
Best VW I ever saw was many "moons" ago at Sears Point (Good Guys Muscle
Car Shoot-Out). VW Bug in the "Pro-Street" class...we all were giggling
about the bug until he got to the staging lanes...got out of his bug
(waved to the officials first), pulled the wheelie bars out from under
the back of the bug, and promptly ran a 12-second 1/4 mile (with a
2250cc engine). WOW! (That's HP to weight working for ya.) <unsnip>